8-Week-Old Baby Dies After Choking

- HAGERSTOWN, Md. - City police have confirmed that an 8-week-old baby boy died at a Children's Hospital in D.C. one day after choking on candy.

The baby was initially flown to Children's National Medical Center in Washington, D.C. Tuesday after first responders received a call for a choking baby at a home on Elizabeth Street in Hagerstown.

A supervisor with Hagerstown City Police says this appears to be accidental in nature.

The baby's body was taken to Baltimore for a formal autopsy.

Don't Miss

  • Golf Tour Card
    Copyright 2017 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
  • What's The Buzz This Week?
    Copyright 2017 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Latest News

Video Center