Chemical Explosion Starts House Fire

FRANKLIN COUNTY, PA (WHAG) - A house fire in Waynesboro shut down parts of Main Street Monday night.

The fire happened around 8 p.m. on the intersection of E. Main Street and Grant Street.

Police say two people were sent to Waynesboro Hospital with minor injuries, and were the only people inside the home at the time.

They also say there was some type of lab operation in progress on the first floor. Police say an explosion involving chemicals appears to have caused the fire.

A hazmat crew was called to the scene. Police say until hazmat says the house is safe, Main Street between Potomac and Grant Streets will be closed and traffic will be detoured.

The house was a multi-occupant home. The family who lived on the second floor was displaced. They are getting help from the Red Cross.


Don't Miss

  • Golf Tour Card
    Copyright 2017 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
  • What's The Buzz This Week?
    Copyright 2017 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Latest News

Video Center