It happened Saturday night before midnight, in the parking lot behind the bar, Ge Ge's Place, at 208 South Church Street in Sharpsburg. Officials say a fire was started in the back of a 2013 Honda Civic. The fire spread and damaged both the Honda Civic and a 2011 Hyundai Sonata.
Total damages are estimated to be around $40,000.
Officials report a bar patron discovered the fire. Both Sharpsburg and Potomac Valley Fire Departments responded to the single-alarm fire. Fire officials report that ten firefighters put out the blaze in about five minutes.
The investigation is ongoing. Anyone with information is asked to call the State Fire Marshal's Office, (301) 766-3888, or the Arson Hotline, (800) 492-7529.
Copyright 2016 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.