It happened at the Essroc along 1826 S. Queen Street in Martinsburg.
Fire officials said a welder was inside the building and while working, salvage rubber caught fire.
The fire was quickly knocked down inside the seven-story building by units with the Martinsburg Fire Department. They said the building is intact and sustained no damages.
No injuries have been reported.
Copyright 2016 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.