Waynesboro, Pa. - Officials with the Waynesboro Fire Department are investigating a late night house fire that affected one of their own.
The blaze happened just before 7:30 Tuesday night in the 200 block of Highland Avenue in Waynesboro.
When crews arrived on the scene, they said they saw flames shooting from the third floor of the home. Multiple crews responded to the two-alarm blaze.
Officials say the entire family and their dog were all able to make it out safely.
It took crews about two hours to get the blaze under control. They say the fire most likely originated in or near the family's wood stove. Crews say the steep hill the house was located on made it difficult to get fire equipment close enough.
Anyone that can help out in any way in assisting this firefighter and the family is asked to call the Waynesboro Fire Department at (717)-762-2616.
No word yet on the extent of the damages.
Copyright 2017 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.