Crews Respond to Shepherdstown House Fire

Published 05/12 2014 09:42PM

Updated 05/12 2014 11:35PM

Shepherdstown, WV - Fire officials in Jefferson County were called to a home along the 300 Block of South High Street Monday afternoon after a fire that started in a clothes dryer spread to surrounding walls.

Firefighters say they got the flames under control within 15 minutes of getting the call, and saved the house. 

No injuries were reported and firefighters say the structure of the home remains intact.   They expect the homeowners will be able to rebuild.

Copyright 2015 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.