Troopers said they were called to a house on Main Street in Marion for the explosion. They believe it likely involved propane, which they said was located in cylinders outside of the house.
Due to the explosion a portion of the house caught fire.
Officials said two women, identified as Marlene Campbell, 47, and Naja George, 23, were living in the house and were flown to Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center in Baltimore for treatment. They are currently both listed in critical condition.
There was a man and three children also in the home, but no one else was reported injured.
This is an ongoing investigation.
Copyright 2017 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.