Fire Destroys First-Floor Bedroom

Published 05/24 2009 12:23PM

Updated 05/24 2009 02:08PM

 Sharpsburg- Fire trucks that were preparing for Boonsboro’s annual Memorial Day Parade were instead called out to a fire in a house in Sharpsburg on Sunday.


Firefighters say the blaze started around noon inside a first floor bedroom.


At least two people and several pets were inside, but they were able to get out safely.


Fire officials believe the fire may have been caused by faulty wiring.


They say there was extensive smoke damage to the rest of the home.


“The biggest thing we had to deal with today was the heat the humidity and stuff, (and) the fact that the house is in an isolated area.  It's remote as far as water, but we were able to use tanker operations to suppress the fire,” said Darryl Benner, with the Sharpsburg Volunteer Fire Department.  


Crews had the fire out within ten minutes.

Copyright 2015 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Featured Coupon

Featured Business