Fire Officials Say Man Was Asleep While Stove Caught on Fire

Published 05/29 2011 10:18AM

Updated 05/29 2011 11:41AM

FRANKLIN COUNTY, PA - An apartment fire in Chambersburg has left two adults and three children out of their home.

The fire happened at 409 Lincoln Way West in Chambersburg. Officials say a man was cooking and fell asleep while the stove was on.

According to Deputy Chief William Dubbs with the Chambersburg Fire Department, the man was home alone and still sleeping when crews arrived on the scene. Deputy Chief Dubbs says the man refused treatment after he was helped out of the apartment.

According to officials, no other residents were displaced and the Red Cross is assisting the people affected.

Copyright 2015 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Featured Coupon