House Fire Kills Two Cats, Displaces Family

BERKELEY COUNTY, WV - Two cats are dead and four people had to move out
after a house fire in Martinsburg.

The home is at 1114 Washington Avenue. The homeowner is Carl Cook and officials say he was the only one at the home when the fire started Sunday afternoon.

Investigators say the blaze started on the porch after someone threw out a cigarette butt.

The fire caused about $75,000 in damages.

Investigators are not releasing the name of the person they believe started the blaze because they say the fire was an accident.

Don't Miss

  • Golf Tour Card
    Copyright 2017 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
  • What's The Buzz This Week?
    Copyright 2017 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Latest News

Video Center