Kitchen Fire Displaces Family in Frederick

- FREDERICK, Md. - A kitchen fire caused $20,000 in damages to a house in Frederick.

The blaze started around 1 p.m. Friday at a home located along 5827 Drawbridge Court. 

Fire officials say a woman and her son were heating up grease on the stove and stepped outside. When they returned inside, the stove and cabinets were on fire. 

It took 60 firefighters about 15 minutes to get the blaze under control before it spread to neighboring homes. 

"Units arrived on scene within four minutes found smoke showing from the front of the house. The two occupants that were home during the time of the fire were safely outside when we arrived. Crews and their operations had the fire under control within 15 minutes," said Battalion Chief Rusty Hahn, Frederick County Fire and Rescue. 

The Red Cross is assisting the family. 

Don't Miss

  • What's The Buzz This Week?
    Copyright 2017 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
  • Mother-Daughter look-a-like
    Copyright 2017 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Latest News

Video Center