Kitchen Fire Displaces Family in Warren County

- WHAG NEWS - A kitchen fire destroyed a local home and displaced a family of seven in Warren County, Virginia. 

Officials with Warren County Fire and Rescue said the blaze happened at 11:26 p.m. Wednesday at 5011 Browntown Road. 

Units arrived on the scene to find the single-story wood frame with fire coming from the windows and front door. Fire officials say the fire was under control in 15 minutes. 

The fire started in a pan of grease on the kitchen stove and quickly spread through the house, according to officials. The cause of the fire is unattended cooking. 

No injuries were reported. The family of seven was provided with assistance from the Top of Virginia Chapter of the American Red Cross. 

Seven fire companies responded to the incident. All units left the scene by 1:30 a.m. Thursday. 

Don't Miss

Latest News

Video Center