The lead defendant in the case, Cedric Malachi Jones, 32, of Palm Coast, Florida faces multiple charges including, conspiracy to distribute cocaine, money laundering, and possession with intent to distribute cocaine.
Officials say Jones is alleged to be the leader of a group that caused controlled substances to be transported from other parts of the country to Keyser, West Virginia, for redistribution. Jones is also alleged to have laundered money that was generated as a result of the drug trafficking.
Jones faces a total of 58 counts.
Other names in the indictment include:
- Ebony Ishia Haynes Jack, 32, of Palm Coast, Florida
- Patrice Dominique Stephens, 34, of Western, Maryland
- Paul Harland Ellis, 35, of Keyser, West Virginia
- Tequila L. Smith, 32, of Ranson, West Virginia
- Dixie Sherylann Layman, 40, of Keyser, West Virginia
- Sheena Collins, 26, of Oakland, Maryland
- Travis Sinclair Howard, 34, of Palatka, Flordia
- Samaria Alice Clifford, 32, of Keyser, West Virginia
Copyright 2016 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.