Crews from Frederick, Carroll and Adams counties were called to Bollinger School Road just after 7 p.m. for a barn fire that broke out.
Additional water had to be called in since there was no public water system in the area.
Most of the fire was extinguished after about an hour and the cause of the blaze was determined to be from a heat lamp placed too close to combustible materials.
Damage estimates are around $40,000.
Copyright 2015 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.