Frederick Man Found Not Guilty of Attempted Second Degree Murder, Guilty of Remaining Charges

Frederick Man Found Not Guilty of Attempted Second Degree Murder, Guilty of Remaining Charges

Michael Angelo Jones was convicted of first-degree burglary, first- and second-degree assault and reckless endangerment.
FREDERICK, Md. - A Frederick man accused of second-degree murder was found not guilty inside the Frederick County Courthouse on Monday, but found guilty of all remaining charges. 

Michael Angelo Jones was convicted of first-degree burglary, first- and second-degree assault and reckless endangerment. 

"It's been a very difficult trial for the state. He has been very belligerent throughout the entire trial. The judges have had to stop the trial on numerous occasions to have him removed from the court room," said Charles Smith, the State's Attorney.

As we've reported, police said the charges stem from an incident where Jones allegedly beat and choked a woman, who was identified as a long time friend and former romantic partner in July 2011 after she had subpoenaed to testify against him in another criminal case.

Jones threatened if she testified, "He would kill her."

"It's stemming from an incident that happened in July of last year where he broke into the home of his girlfriend and obviously beat her very badly and choked her with a purse strap," said Smith.

Smith says Jones convictions will add up to a substantial amount of time behind bars. The maximum penalty for first-degree assault is 25 years. Sentencing is scheduled for May 20, 2014.

 

 

 


 

 
Page: [[$index + 1]]
comments powered by Disqus