76°F
Sponsored by

Two Fires Rip Through Same Home

A couple is without a home Monday morning after two separate fires ripped through their home on Sharpsburg Pike.
WASHINGTON COUNTY, Md. - A couple is without a home after two separate fires ripped through their house on Sharpsburg Pike Sunday.

Both the husband and wife living in the house were able to make it out safely, but were taken to Meritus Medical Center to be treated for smoke inhalation.

The Maryland State Fire Marshal's office said the first fire, which was reported around 7 a.m., started in the laundry room and was caused by an overloaded extension cord.

Then just before 3 p.m., a second fire also broke out in the laundry room and could have been a rekindling of the first fire.

The Fire Marshal's office said there were smoke alarms in the house, but they did not activate.

Page: [[$index + 1]]
comments powered by Disqus

More Headlines