91°F
Sponsored by

UPDATE: Man Seriously Injured in Mobile Home Fire

Emergency crews were called to the fire on the 3200 block of Tub Run Hollow Road around 9 p.m. Monday night.
HEDGESVILLE, W.Va. - A man was flown to an area burn unit after being seriously injured in a mobile home fire, according to officials in Berkeley County. 

Emergency crews were called to the fire around 9 p.m. Monday night on the 3200 block of Tub Run Hollow Road. Members with the West Virginia State Fire Marshal were on the scene early Tuesday morning. 

Assistant State Fire Marshal George Harms says they're declaring the cause of the fire as accidental caused by a wood-burning stove. Officials could not provide exact damages to the house, but say one room containing the stove inside the mobile home is completely destroyed. Other parts of the trailer have smoke and fire damage. 

Several area units responded to the call, including the Back Creek Valley Volunteer Fire Department, South Berkeley Volunteer Fire department, and the Berkeley County Emergency Ambulance Authority. 

Harms says firefighters with Back Creek Valley were the first to respond on the scene, and did an excellent job with rescuing the man. Harms says two firefighters, along with the chief were on the scene, and as the chief was gearing up to put the hose line in action, the other two men ran inside the burning mobile home without any hose lines. They quickly found the man and pulled him out. 

Neighbors in the area tell WHAG almost 60 to 80 percent of the man's body was burned. Officials with the West Virginia State Fire Marshal could not confirm the man's current condition, but say he is alive. 

Crews had the fire under control before 10 p.m. Monday night. 


Page: [[$index + 1]]
comments powered by Disqus

More Headlines