46°F
Sponsored by

Fire Destroys First-Floor Bedroom

<span style="font-size: small"><span style="font-family: Arial" lang="X-NONE"><strong>Sharpsburg-</strong></span><span style="font-family: Arial" lang="X-NONE"> Fire trucks that were preparing for Boonsboro&rsquo;s annual Memorial Day Parade were instead called out to a fire in a house in Sharpsburg on Sunday. <br /></span></span>

 Sharpsburg- Fire trucks that were preparing for Boonsboro’s annual Memorial Day Parade were instead called out to a fire in a house in Sharpsburg on Sunday.

 

Firefighters say the blaze started around noon inside a first floor bedroom.

 

At least two people and several pets were inside, but they were able to get out safely.

           

Fire officials believe the fire may have been caused by faulty wiring.

           

They say there was extensive smoke damage to the rest of the home.

           

“The biggest thing we had to deal with today was the heat the humidity and stuff, (and) the fact that the house is in an isolated area.  It's remote as far as water, but we were able to use tanker operations to suppress the fire,” said Darryl Benner, with the Sharpsburg Volunteer Fire Department.  

           

Crews had the fire out within ten minutes.

Page: [[$index + 1]]
comments powered by Disqus

More Headlines