54°F
Sponsored by

Man Rescued by Neighbors in House Fire

Officials say it happened just before 10:30 p.m. on the 8000 block of Kuhn Road in Peters Township, Franklin County, Pennsylvania.
FRANKLIN COUNTY, Pa. - One man is lucky to be alive after fire officials say he was rescued by his neighbors from a house fire late Thursday night in Franklin County. 

Officials say it happened just before 10:30 p.m. on the 8857 block of Kuhn Road in Peters Township. They say the fire started in the back part of the house on the west side, within or around the chimney-wood stove. Firefighters contained the blaze within 20 minutes. 

They say the homeowner, Ralph Rubeck, 73, of Greencastle, Pa., was home alone at the time to fire broke out, and called 911. Rubeck was unable to escape his house on his own, and was pulled out by neighbors before fire units arrived at the scene. Fire officials say he's alive thanks to the bravery of a family who saved him. 

"I have seen the flames, and I yelled for my wife to call 911. My two sons and I ran over, my older son Zach, he kicked in the door and we ran in, pulled out Mr. Rubeck. As we were pulling him out, his grandson showed up and assisted," said Scott Todd, Peters Township resident. 

Rubeck was transported to Meritus Medical Center with serious but non-life threatening injuries. Eight fire department from Franklin and Washington Counties responded to the scene. 

Fire officials rule the cause as accidental, and say the addition to the house was destroyed by the fire. The dollar amount of damage is unknown at this time. 
Page: [[$index + 1]]
comments powered by Disqus

More Headlines